Happy Friday from California! I’m so happy to be out here for the weekend for a very special reason: I"m becoming a godmother! I’m beyond honored two of my closest friends from college have asked me to be the godmother to their son and tomorrow is the baptism and celebration. As a result of this trip my week got shortened so it was a very busy one. Does anyone else work really well under time constraints? That was me this week as I tried to be as productive as possible before I got on my flight. It made for late nights and early mornings but it was worth it to be here for this special weekend.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup! As the Sephora sale opens up to all levels of their Beauty Insider program today, I’ve added in all my favorite picks from their site as a special bonus section below!
Have a great weekend you guys!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Finally settled on a date for a volunteering day with you guys and New York Cares! I’ll be announcing it on Instagram very soon!
- Started BBG 3.0. Here we go again!
- Signed on for an exciting consulting project which I’m looking forward to getting underway later this month.
- Flew to CA! This trip is a quick one but I’m so looking forward to some California sunshine and time spent with my best friends.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
+ MY SEPHORA SALE PICKS:
As mentioned, Sephora is back with one of their few sales of the year and it is a great time to stock up on your favorites at a discounted price or splurge on something you’ve been dying to try! If you’re a VIB member, the sale will score you 15% off your purchase, Rouge level get 20% off and all members of the Insider program (free to sign up) will score 10% off! I’ve rounded up all my favorite beauty products sold at Sephora below in case you want some recs of something new to try.
- Hands down my favorite mascara is this Stila one. I have tried SO many mascaras and always come back to this one because it really makes my lashes seem more full vs. spidery.
- This hair towel. This towel is a game changer and was one of the best things I bought last year. If you hate blow drying your hair, do yourself and invest in this so your time spent blow drying. (Also key to improve the health of your hair and minimize heat damage!)
- My go-to blotting sheets that I keep in stock with multiple packs in various purses because I truly can’t leave the house without these – #oilyskinlife.
- I don’t travel with a lot of hair products but one that I always have is this one from Living Proof. It kind of does it all…smoothes, protects and extends my styling which is crucial when on the road. The mini size is perfect.
- This Fresh cleanser is so gentle and such a nice sensorial experience. I don’t like overly smelly cleansers or ones that feel like they’re stripping my skin. This one is calming and great for sensitive skin and I keep the mini size on hand for my travels.
- This mask that’s great for travel. I wrote about it recently here but I keep the mini size in my travel bag and apply it when I get on planes. It’s part moisturizer/part mask and I really like how my skin looks and feels afterwards. Check out the reviews if you need further convincing.
- I bought these tanning drops last summer after seeing positive reviews on Instagram and I have to say…I’m hooked! I put one drop in my Olay moisturizer each morning this time of year and can often, as a result, skip bronzer all over my face. The result is kind of addicting! Super subtle but be sure to wash your hands after as you would any self tanner! Also ensure you carry your moisturizer/tan drop cocktail down your neck so you don’t have any dreaded lines between your face and neck.
- Whenever I see Drunk Elephant’s Baby Facial I sing Jay Z’s "Holy Grail" in my head because it really is a desert island beauty product for me. Leave it on for 20 minutes once a week and your face is renewed. Goodbye dead skin cells, hello GLOW. The product’s cult status is totally justified. Also, this Drunk Elephant set is so good to test out the oh-so-buzzy line and great for travel. I love having their minis on my trips.
- I always use this Benefit Cosmetics primer on my T-zone after moisturizer and before foundation. It totally blurs out enlarged or congested pores and is super mattifying. I have tried so many products that promise to minimize larger pores and this is the only one I’ve found that actually delivers.
- This NARS concealer is the best I’ve tried and you’ll also often spot it being raved about by makeup artists and YouTuber pros. It’s that good. It’s super easy to apply and incredibly matte which is why I think I love it so much. No greasy finish like other more-oil based concealers I’ve tried. I use the shade Creme Brulee.
- I wear the Laura Mercier Tinter Moisturizer most days because it’s light and not very makeup-y. It gives the prettiest finish and just enough coverage when paired with a bit of concealer in my trouble spots. I also love that it has SPF 20 in case I forget to apply a more legit SPF. I wear the shade Blush and always get compliments on my skin when I’m wearing this.
- You guys have heard me rave about the beauty of a makeup setting spray before and if you don’t yet use one, you won’t regret buying this one. I’ve been using my last bottle for the past two years regularly and am only just finishing it – it is worth the price and is a game changer during summer when things get hot and humid.
- No other eyeliner has ever come close to replacing my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. It is full proof when applied with this brush and it stays on forever. No smudging or smearing like other eyeliners. Believe me when I say this stuff is longwear.
- The Laura Mercier lip liners are totally underrated and can be game changing in making your lipstick last. They really make lipstick look so much better since they define your lips before you apply. I have a few shades but Baby Lips is my most worn because it goes with all my favorite nude/pink lipstick shades.
- This Kate Somerville exfoliator has been in rotation for me for nearly a decade. Total holy grail status. It’s a mini facial and really goes to work to unclog pores and is particularly amazing if you have a breakout coming on.
- Best.setting.powder.ever. I always use this to mattify my often too-shiny face. It’s so light and has the best finish. It works better than any other setting powder I’ve tried.
- I hoard highlighters (it is a problem!) but I always come back to (and travel with the mini size) of this Becca one in Champagne Pop. I also have Opal which is equally as pretty.
- If I was told I could only wear one lip color for the rest of my life I’d have a hard time deciding between this Bite Beauty one in Brandy (honestly the most photogenic color I’ve ever experience – if I do so say myself – ha! I have this product in 4 shades and with 2,000 reviews clearly I’m not alone in loving it!) and this Laura Mercier one in Creme Caramel – the perfect every day nude.
- I really love this Benefit blush as it also doubles as a very easy contour on fair skin.
- Want your shower to resemble a spa experience? Buy this Christophe Robin scalp salt scrub and I promise your life will forever be changed. I’m obsessed with this stuff. (See here, here.)
- I’ve been testing this Caudalie SOS cream the past two weeks and really like it! It’s helped combat the flaking I’ve been experiencing but it also is just so light and such a great texture that I really love how my skin feels after I put it on. If you suffer from any dryness, I really recommend this moisturizer. (Also bonus! Your purchase helps the planet as Caudalie donates 1% of sales to plant trees!)
Hope you find these recommendations helpful! Let me know what you end up buying – I love to be a voyeur in other people’s beauty shopping carts! As for what I bought? I’m super excited to try out two of Supergoop’s new sun care products – I bought this part protector and this eyeshadow. Such unique and handy products! I hope they’re as good as they sound. I also bought this mask that has such great reviews. And, finally, I got a restock on my aforementioned favorite mascara and primer and blotting sheets.