Happy Monday, everyone!
I’m so excited to be starting a new series today with my friend Sabrina of Chef Sabs. Her and I both worked at taudrey a few years ago and have kept in contact ever since. She has the coolest food Instagram and we thought it would be really fun to team up at least once a month to post about all things food, whether it’s an idea for Valentine’s Day at home with your significant other (i.e. today), snack ideas, St. Patrick’s Day fun foods, etc. This year I’m focusing a lot on bringing you content that’s not just about fashion. Yes, of course, I will have fashion in my blog but I want to branch out and give you more valuable content that you can use in your everyday lives! Thus, started Chef Sabs x TFD.
We thought of today’s post on the basis that Valentine’s this year is on a Wednesday. We particularly don’t like to go out on a weeknight (not all the time, at least) so we thought we would come up with a cute way to spend Valentine’s Day at home with your significant other. We made an appetizer, meal, dessert and cocktail that are all so user friendly (trust me, I don’t know how to cook well and I can do this) that anyone can make it all in under an hour. At the end, I’ll also leave some Netflix romantic movie suggestions to watch on your special night! With each photo, there’s recipes for everything we made so it should be really easy to recreate.
Mint Raspberry Bubbly
Your favorite fruit juice (Preferred brand: Trader Joe’s Watermelon Cucumber Juice)
1 pack of raspberries
1 bottle of Sparkling Rosé/Champagne
Sweet gummy candy for garnish
- Add gummy candy to a large champagne glass.
- Pour equal parts of Watermelon Cucumber juice and Sparkling Rosé.
- Add 3-6 raspberries and mint to garnish.
- Cheers! Sweet tip: Add raspberry sorbet for a delicious sip!
Sriracha Cheese Appetizer
1 bag of Salted Movie Popcorn
3 tsp of Sriracha Seasoning (Preferred brand: McCormick)
3 tbsps of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pour cooked popcorn in a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle seasoning and cheese.
- Press play on Netflix and enjoy!
Pizza My Heart
1 12 oz. Can of Crushed Tomatoes (Preferred brand: Cento)
6 teaspoons of Oregano
5 teaspoons of Garlic Powder
3 teaspoons of Parsley
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1 pack of Pepperoni
¼ lb. of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
*feel free to add additional toppings
1 pack of Premade Pizza Dough (Preferred brand: Pillsbury)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat stove to low medium and pour in the canned crush tomatoes in a large sauce pan.
- Add all seasonings and leave on stove at a low temperate.
- Roll out premade pizza dough and cut into a heart for your special someone.
- Add generous amounts of homemade pizza sauce to dough.
- Sprinkle cheese, pepperoni and other toppings.
- Bake pizza into oven for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Remove pizza from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving
Easy Strawberry Shortcake
1 loaf of pound cake (Preferred brand: Entenmanns)
1 small package of whipped cream (Preferred brand: Cool Whip)
Handful of fresh strawberries
Handful of mini chocolate chips
- Cute cake into thin slices.
- Slice strawberries and add on top of cake.
- Add dollops of Cool Whip on top.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and serve.
DIY Gift Idea for 2 (this is something cute to give your S.O or a friend if you’re celebrating with a BFF on Valentine’s Day – like me).
1 bag of Salted Movie Popcorn
Pink, red and white M&Ms
2 large Mason Jars
- Add a layer of popcorn to the mason jar.
- Alternate layers of marshmallows and M&Ms.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2.
- Decorate the Mason Jar for your special someone. Recipe makes enough for two Mason Jars!
Some Netflix recommendations to watch with you and your Valentine (or, in my case, me and my dogs)
How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days