SKIRT scallop corduroy skirt ($12, wearing size XS) | SWEATER twist sweater | SHOES suede pointy toe pumps | CLUTCH ysl clutch | EARRINGS pearl studs
When it comes to embracing trends, my strategy is this: try them out at a budget-friendly price. Since the "hottest," most "on trend" items only stick around for a couple of seasons, I’m all about adding inexpensive pops to my wardrobe while saving bigger ticket purchases for classic pieces I’ll own for years.
The wrap sweater is one I’ve been seeing all over lately, so I finally decided to pull the trigger when I found one for $16! The material isn’t incredibly thick or sudsy-soft, but for $16 it’s a great deal. I decided to wear this sweater with the twist at the back, and have loved pairing it with everything from jeans to this scalloped skirt! It’s definitely become a go-to in recent weeks.
Which brings me to my second budget buy, this $12 scalloped skirt! Again, you get what you pay for with this piece. The material itself is very thin, but the fit and look of the skirt made it totally worth it in my book!
I always get tons of follow-up questions whenever I post an item from SheIn, so here are my thoughts in a nutshell… is the site legit? In my experience, yes.
- While orders may take a few weeks to ship, they’ve always gotten to me. My latest order took about 3 weeks to get to me. I’ve heard of some people not receiving orders, but have had successful deliveries with each of the almost ten orders I’ve placed.
- Keep in mind that oftentimes the product photo looks much nicer than the actual product. Take this sweater for example… I ordered it and the scallops ended up looking like points in real life, as seen on me here. I steer clear of things that look too detailed, complicated, or "too good to be true."
- Some pieces won’t work. That’s just the truth of it! I’ve learned what typically comes out cute and what is a risk, and therefore had really good success with pieces I’ve ordered. (Remember this dress I wore to a bridal shower?) Every once in a while, however, something will arrive that is just not at all what I was expecting. Returns are a crazy hassle, so I count it as a loss. Keep that in mind when you’re ordering!
- Say no to swimwear. I have ordered a few different styles here and there, and none of them have worked. They’ve all been cut too small and hardly qualify as swimsuit material. (I’d be terrified to get them in water!) No matter how cute, I’d stay away!
- When it comes to shoes, I don’t have too much experience. I’ve only purchased one pair, these Hermés dupe sandals, and have loved them! I wore them all summer and plan on bringing them back out for these next few months as well. So while I’m 1 for 1 in the shoe department, I really can’t speak for the whole site itself.
All in all, I’d recommend SheIn if you’re comfortable with the lower quality and the risk of something not working. If you’re looking for a special piece (prom dress, let’s say) or are hoping to get stellar quality for a crazy low price, it’s probably not for you!
Just my two cents… do you have any tips for shopping SheIn?
Love from Texas,