I don’t know about you, but my brain is about toast coming up with unique and tasty dinner ideas for the remainder of the year. Initially I was stoked to dig into my recipes and cookbooks, but now, many long months later, I want to throw in the towel!
So I did a deep dive back into some of my favorite recipes from the previous year, and came across these Guacamole Salsa Chicken Enchiladas. They’re relatively simple and the one-pan concept is a winner.
All this to say, that any one-pan recipe, that also allows for ample leftovers the remainder of the week is a winner x100!
I’m a Tex-Mex lover through and through, but I admit it’s usually not my go-to when cooking at home. I’d rather head out to our favorite local spot, Escalante’s or Goode Co. Cantina, because they do it right! But with all the restrictions and precautions in place, fulfilling my Tex-Mex cravings had to happen from home.
We love these easy guacamole salsa chicken enchiladas in the Haines household. The chicken inside is shredded and tender and the sauce is easily made from a jar of Herdez Guacamole Salsa, so to eliminate the time and extra work it takes to make an enchilada sauce from scratch.
Simple ingredients and easy to make, these guacamole salsa chicken enchiladas are delicious! Read on below for the full recipe.
Guacamole Salsa Chicken Enchiladas
Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
- 6 Flour tortillas
- ½ cup Shredded cheese
- 1-2 Chicken breasts cook in Olive Oil; shredded
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado sliced
- Fresh Cilantro
For Enchilada Sauce
- 1 jar Herdez Guacamole Salsa
- 1 cup Low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup Sour cream
- ½ cup Shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- pinch Salt
- In a large bowl, pour in two cups of guacamole salsa
- Whisk in chicken broth and sour cream
- Add shredded cheese and salt. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; grease baking dish
- In a bowl, mix shredded chicken, EVOO, and cheese for filling
- Place a dollop of filling on tortillas, evenly spread across middle of tortilla. Gently roll tortillas length-wise
- Lay rolled up, filled, tortillas in baking dish, seam side down
- Once dish is filled, pour sauce over rolled up tortillas and sprinkle shredded cheese across top
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown
- Top with fresh cilantro and avocado slices
Keyword Easy Dinner, Enchiladas, One-Pan meal, Tex-Mex